Long Range Planning
2023 Action Plan
Due to the Pandemic, Strategic planning is on hold. You can still take the survey! We have updated our Action Plan, per MBLC.
2023-2028 – Coming Soon!
We are in process of developing a new strategic plan to take us from 2023-2028! Take the community survey now: bit.ly/LRP2025
In spring 2015, a committee of residents, staff, trustees, and friends selected the following roles for the Grafton Public Library’s next five years:
- Visit a Comfortable Place: Physical and Virtual Spaces. Residents will have safe and welcoming physical places to meet and interact with others or to sit quietly and read and will have open and accessible virtual spaces that support networking.
- Satisfy Curiosity: Lifelong Learning. Residents will have the resources they need to explore topics of personal interest and continue to learn throughout their lives.
- Stimulate Imagination: Reading, Viewing, and Listening for Pleasure. Residents who want materials to enhance their leisure time will find what they want when and where they want them and will have the help they need to make choices from among the options.
- Create Young Readers: Early Literacy. Children from birth to five will have programs and services designed to ensure that they will enter school ready to learn to read, write, and listen.
- Know Your Community: Community Resources and Services. Residents will have a central source for information about the wide variety of programs services, and activities provided by community agencies and organizations.
- Celebrate Diversity: Cultural Awareness. Residents will have programs and services that promote appreciation and understanding of their personal heritage and the heritage of others in the community.
About the Plan
A Long Range Plan is a written document that provides goals, measurable objectives and specific activities for Library staff to carry out. Strategic planning isn’t new; it is a routine part of running a successful Library, and considered to be a standard of best practices in library management.
A Long Range Plan spanning five years is required by the MA Board of Library Commissioners (MBLC) for any library that wishes to apply for grant funding. The Library currently has a MA Public Library Construction Program Grant of up to $7.4M for renovation and expansion of the Grafton Public Library.
Information Packet for Long Range Planning sessions in 2015
- Introductory Letter
- 2015 Grafton Public Library Organizational Chart
- 2014 Annual Report: Grafton Public Library
- 2014 Annual Report: Grafton Public Library Board of Trustees
- 2015 ARIS Report
- 2011-2015 Long Range Plan
- FY 2016 Activity Plan
- Library Satisfaction Survey
- 2014 Annual Report Infographic
- Long Range Plan update: February 2015
- Meeting Minutes: February 28, 2015
- Staff Meeting Minutes: March 20,2015
- Meeting Minutes: April 25, 2015