The Children’s Room strives to be a fun place for children and families to learn and read together. We offer a wide variety of materials for learning and fun, including materials like books, media and games; toys like blocks, puzzles, puppets, and technology like computers.
For the safety of our youngest patrons, Library visitors must comply with the Library’s Unattended Child Policy:
- 0-7 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times;
- 8-12 must be accompanied by parent/guardian remaining in the Library;
- 13+ may be unaccompanied provided child is able to use Library independently and follow the Library’s Code of Conduct;
- Children under age 13 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian over the age of 14.
While visiting the Library, please respect yourself, respect each other, and respect the space.
Please be mindful when registering for programs. If you cannot attend, please alert staff so we can give your spot to someone on the waiting list.
In winter months:
- If school is cancelled, Library programs are cancelled.
- If school is delayed, morning programs are cancelled and afternoon programs may be cancelled; please check our website for more information.
- If school is released early due to weather conditions, afternoon programs are cancelled.
- If the municipal center cancels evening programs and meetings, Library programs are cancelled.
All Library policies are online at http://graftonlibrary.org/home/policies.
We also offer programs and special events for kids up to and including age 12, such as:
- Friday Fun with Mr. Kim — music and movement with Mr. Kim from Apple Tree Arts — on the second Friday of each month, for children ages 2-5. This program runs October through May. Registration opens one week prior to the program (first Friday of the month) and anyone on the wait list will automatically be placed in the next months’ session.
- Special events and hosted performers
- Drop-in Crafts, toys, and a seasonal sensory table!
Please visit http://catalog.cwmars.org/eg/kpac/home for access to materials cataloged with a juvenile audience.
Please visit https://cwmars.overdrive.com/cwmars-grafton/kids for access to ebooks and eMedia with a juvenile audience.
Please visit https://www.hoopladigital.com/my/settings/account to set a child’s Hoopla account (digital movies, music, ebooks and magazines) to juvenile audience.
HOMEWORK HELP & ONLINE RESOURCES
|Bookflix offers an eBook experience for children in grades K-2, and pairs fiction and nonfiction picture books for a themed reading experience.|
|Tutor.com offers homework help for students in K-12 from 2-9pm DAILY! Enter your Library card number to access.|
|Kids InfoBits contains kid-friendly topics in eBooks, articles, video and audio format, at a grade K-4 reading level. Searching is more visual. It’s perfect for resources school reports!|
|Learning Zone (preK-2)
Children’s edition (ages 5-12)
Elementary School edition (gr 1-5)
|Pronunciator is an online language-learning system that can help you learn languages like Spanish, French, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Mandarin Chinese, Greek, Italian and more, with flash card for kids and a pre-K language learning module. Over 80 languages in English and your native tongue, free! Enter your Library card # and PIN to access.|
A parenting section full of helpful information can be found in the Adult non-fiction stacks.