On Sunday morning, May 22, 2016, C/W MARS will be performing an upgrade to the online catalog systems. The upgrade will begin at 8 a.m. and is expected to finish by early afternoon. During this time, all online services requiring the use of a staff login or library card will be unavailable. This includes logging into the staff client, your catalog account, the C/W MARs OverDrive catalog, the Commonwealth Catalog, and the Commonwealth eBook Collections.
The Friends Annual Meeting is coming up! Please join them FRIDAY JUNE 10 at 7:00 to elect the new board, vote on by-laws, hear fitness tips from Wendy Reid in celebration of the 2016 Summer Library Program, and enjoy refreshments! By-laws are available for review (copies are available on request at the Main Desk).
If you’re not a member of the Friends, you can join at the meeting.
In honor of National Library Week we are offering 2 programs:
Teen & Adult Coloring Program
Thursday, April 14 from 7-9 pm
Join us as we color special Library coloring pages, book bags and bookmarks!
This program is for teens and adults. All supplies will be provided.
Tween Crafternoon: Build-a-Book
Wednesday, April 13 3:30-4:30 pm
Help us celebrate National Library Week by building
and creating your own book. All supplies will be provided.
Ages 8-12. Registration is required.
Sign up online or call 508-839-4649.
The Grafton Public Library is pleased to now offer 1:1 computer skill training sessions for members of the community who are new to using a computer. Setting up email accounts, searching the web, and using the mouse will be demonstrated and users will have some practice time with the computers at the Library.
Sessions are limited to 6-8 per month by appointment.
For more information, or to make an appointment, please call Susan Leto or Heidi Fowler at 508-839-4649 extension 2.
The Grafton Public Library will have a delayed opening at 1 pm on Friday, March 18 for staff training and professional development.
The Library will re-open at 1pm Friday. Passes for Friday may be picked up until 9pm on Thursday or Friday after 1pm.
Please visit our digital branch to read a newspaper, check out an eBook, learn a new language, and more!
Nine out of ten people love chocolate…and the tenth person is lying!
All the questions you’ve ever had, such as where it comes from, how it’s made, why it tastes so good, and what it says about your personality will be answered by Judith Kalaora in “Chocolate 101: A Brief History of Chocolate.”
We will sample some of the best chocolates from the world over!
Co-sponsored by The Grafton Public Library, The Grafton Garden Club & The Grafton Historical Society.
Please call the Historical Society 508-839-0000 to register.
Suggested donation: $7
Location: Community Barn, 37 Wheeler Road North Grafton MA 01536
Check out our March Children’s Room Calendar. NEW STORYTIME SESSIONS! Double the fun at Toddler Time and Library Babies! Toddler Time will be on Wednesdays at 9am AND 10:15am. Library Babies will be on Tuesdays at 10:15am AND Thursdays @ 1:00pm. Please register for Silly Science and preschool Storytime, and check out all of our fun Wizard of Oz themed events for the 2016 Community Read of the Wonderful Wizard of Oz!
Visit the Grafton Library during February Vacation week for one or more of our programs! Also check our Event Calendar for further details.
• Family Movie Night: Frozen –Tuesday, February 16 at 6:30 pm Rated PG The Children’s Room will be closed to regular circulation from 6-9 pm in order to provide this program.
• LEGO Fun – Wednesday, February 17 Drop in anytime between 10 am-2 pm for LEGO building fun!
• Tween Crafternoon: Sharpie Mugs – Wednesday, February 17 at 3 pm Turn an ordinary mug into a one-of-a-kind. Make sure to sign up so there’s a mug for you! For tweens, ages 8-12 years old. Registration is required – RSVP to 508-839-4649 xt 1103
• Build a Truck Hands-on Fun – Thursday, February 18 at 11 am Time to get hands on and build together! Build your own wooden firetruck or EMS truck using one of the kits donated by Lowes and Home Depot. For kids ages 5-8 and their accompanying adult. Please register by calling the Library 508-839-4649 xt 1103
• Frozen Fever Day – Friday, February 19
Olaf Craft and Frozen Fever “short film” 11-12 or 3-4 pm Make an adorable Olaf craft (please bring a pair of white socks), listen to the Frozen soundtrack and watch the Frozen Fever short film.
Visit with Queen Elsa, 1-2 pm Meet Queen Elsa and join her for stories, a sing along and of course an autograph! Registration is required, please call 508-839-4649 xt 1103
• Saturday Storytime – Saturday, February 20 at 10 am Drop-in for an all-ages seasonal storytime with music, bubbles and fun!
• Teen Program: Popcorn Taste Test – Thursday, February 18 at 2 pm If you love popcorn, this is the taste test for you. Sample a variety of different popcorns and determine your favorite! This free program is for teens in grades 6-12. Sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
• Teen Program: Dungeons & Dragons – Friday, February 20 at 5 pm Join us for another night of D&D. Pizza and snacks will be served. This free program is for teens in grades 6-12.
The Grafton Public Library is excited to announce Silly Science Storytime will be facilitated by STEM Beginnings during the January/February session (January 4, 11, &25, and February 1 & 8). It’s never too early to spark our little children’s interest in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. With each class, the children will learn STEM concepts through hands-on activities, engaging stories, music and movement, challenges, and even simple experiments ideal for little hands. Each class will be a fun, learning experience for your little ones!
Silly Science Storytime is a 30 minute program for children ages 3.5-5 years and is held at UniBank (89 Worcester St, Grafton, MA) on the specified Mondays at 10:30 am. Registration is required and limited to 12 participants, while 8 slots are reserved for Grafton residents. Registrants must commit to attending all 5 weeks of the session. To register please call the Children’s Room at the Grafton Public Library at 508-839-4649 xt 1103.
STEM Beginnings™ is a company that started in Shrewsbury, MA in late 2013. They offer fun-filled and exciting programs focused on building and sustaining interest in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). Their main goal is to introduce STEM-related concepts at an early age through effective instruction and enjoyable activities. They believe that success in STEM education starts at the beginning – young children! For more information visit www.stembeginnings.com
Silly Science Storytime, in collaboration with STEM Beginnings, is brought to you with federal funds provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services and administered by the Board of Library Commissioners.
A warm THANK YOU to our Grafton Dunkin Donuts and Stop & Shop for providing hot cocoa and cookies (respectively) for our Holiday Family Movie Night on December 8th!
Save the date for our next Family Movie Night January 19 6:30 pm and Hotel Transylvania 2 !