Meet teens from all over the Blackstone Valley! This event is for fans of Comic Books, Graphic Novels, and Anime! The event will include:
• Dress in your favorite COSPLAY costume for the costume contest
• Comic Artist Eric Fulford from Providence will be giving a comic artist workshop
• Friendly Neighborhood Comics will have comic books and graphic novels for purchase, as well as free giveaways.
There will be pizza, snacks, prizes, and a comic craft contest, and photo booth.
This event is for students ages 13-18 and is closed to the public.
To register for this event, please contact Allison Cusher at the Grafton Public Library by calling 508-839-4649 or emailing email@example.com
As you may have noticed there is construction going on in the library. While our walls get repaired from ice damaged that happened over the winter some of our programs are moving offsite to allow the repair work to get done.
The following programs will be held on the 2nd floor (either room E-2 or 33) of the Municipal Center (30 Providence Road):
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Join us for a Magic The Gathering tournament!
Not sure how to play? Join us at 4pm to learn how to play. You can bring your own deck or use the library’s.
The tournament will begin at 5pm. It will be a standard tournament, so bring your standard decks. (Or you can use the library’s deck if it’s your first time.)
Tournament prizes are Dragons of Tarkir booster packs: 3 for 1st place, 2 for 2nd place, and 1 for 3rd place.
Pizza and snacks will be served. This free program is for teens in grades 6-12.
Sign up in the library or by emailing the teen librarian.
Join us for another Nerdfighters afternoon! We’ll have our Wii U set up to play Super Smash Bros. Feel free to bring in things for a nerdy show-and-tell and share what you’re passionate about!
This free program is for teens in grades 6-12. Sign up in the library or by emailing the teen librarian.
Vote for your favorite superhero every week in our Superhero Showdown
This summer we will be celebrating HEROES of all shapes and sizes!
Birth – Grade 5: Every Hero Has A Story
Grade 6-12: Unmask!
Adults: Escape the Ordinary
REGISTER & Be a Super Reader!
Kids, teens and adults can now register for Summer Reading!
SUMMER READING REGISTRATION (Readsinma.org/Grafton)
Beginning July 1st, you can log your reading hours and write book reviews.
EARN TICKETS TO WIN PRIZES! It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
1 Ticket every day you visit the library from July 1-August 15
2 Tickets for every short book review you submit online starting July 1st
3 Tickets for attending a program during summer reading
SAVE THE DATE!
Summer Reading Kick-off Celebration! Saturday, July 11th with a Superhero Carnival on the Grafton Common!
CALENDAR OF PROGRAMS
For a full overview of the Program Calenders, click on the following links:
2015 calendar 11 X 17-master
SR Program Flyer15
2015 Adult SRP 15June02
Also check the Library’s website Event Calendar for program dates and times.
Our Nerdfighters are in the news! Check out the article in the April 3rd issue of the Community Advocate.
Teens in grades 6-12 are welcome to join us at our next session on Saturday, April 25th from 1-3pm. DFTBA! (Don’t forget to be awesome!)
• The Teen Art Coalition will meet on April 11th from 1-3 p.m. This month we will check out Paper Quilling: Turn strips of paper into a work of art. You will learn different paper quilling techniques and incorporate them into a design. All supplies will be provided. Ages 12-18, please register.
• Dungeons and Dragons gathers on April 22nd from 3:30-8:30 p.m. Grab your armor and friends and come to the library to play D&D! No experience necessary. Snacks will be served. Ages 12-18. To sign up: http://graftondnd.weebly.com/
• Nail Art with Nina Park is happening April 23rd. The teens’ session is from 5-6:30 p.m. Award-winning artist Nina Park will be here to teach us about the care of our nails and how to design amazing nail art. Take a look at some of her very cool art on her Instagram profile ninanailedit. Supplies will be provided for creating your own nail art designs. Ages 12-18, please register.
• Nerdfighters will meet again on April 25th from 1-3 p.m. – Join your fellow nerds for an afternoon of awesome and WiiU (and snacks!). Ages 12-18, please register.
And coming this SUMMER…it’s all about Superheroes! Please vote online (or access through the “Teens” link on the Library’s website) for your favorite superhero movies to see on the big screen this summer! Additionally, teen volunteers are sought to dress as comic book superheroes for photos with kids this summer.
For more details or to register for any of these programs, or if you’d like to help out as a superhero this summer, please contact Allison Cusher, Teen Librarian, at 508-839-4649 x1104 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supplies will be provided for creating your own nail art designs.
Kids’ session is 3-4:30 p.m. Ages 8-12
Teens’ session is 5-6:30 p.m. Teens in grades 6-12
Adults’ session is 7-8:30 p.m. Ages 18+
Please sign up in the library or by email email@example.com.
Thursday, March 12th 7 p.m.
Learn the basic concepts of Computer Science with drag and drop programming. Discover repeat-loops, conditions, and basic algorithms with the help of your favorite characters from Angry Birds and Plants vs. Zombies. Or use the same coding concepts to create Frozen artwork with Elsa and Anna. Ages 12-18, please register by calling 508-839-4649 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends of the Grafton Public Library Bookmark Contest – Love Your Library!
What do you love about your library? Design, draw and color your own bookmark for a chance to win the Friends of Library Bookmark Contest! Winning designs will be made into official full-color bookmarks for the Library. Entries will be judged according to each age appropriate category: Grades K-3, Grades 4-6, and Grades 7-12.
Winners will receive their own set of laminated bookmarks, an art book to keep and one given to the library in your name, and bragging rights with your first name and grade on the back of your bookmark. Please note the following guidelines:
- Original entries only—no tracing or use of copyrighted images, such as cartoon characters and clipart.
- This contest is open to all students in K-12 who live in Grafton or who use the Grafton Public Library regularly.
- The bookmark design needs to be related to the theme of “Love Your Library” but does not need to include that phrase.
- Children who attend home school should enter the comparable level.
- All entries must be clear and reproducible.
- If you include words, check for correct spelling and that the writing is clear and fits the space well.
- Entries should be submitted on the appropriate form and returned to the library. Forms can be picked up at the library or on our website.
- Multiple entries per person will be accepted.
- Entries must be received by 5pm on Saturday, March 28, 2015
Contact the Teen Librarian, Allison Cusher or the Children’s Librarian, Sarah Banister for more information.
Entry forms will be available at the library or can be printed from home here: Bookmark Contest 2015