Museum Pass Reservations may be made in advance online; check availability, then make your advance reservation with the museum you are interested in, then reserve your pass and call the Library at 508-839-4649 to schedule curbside pickup. The following museums and attractions are honoring library passes.
YOU MUST BRING THE LIBRARY PASS WITH YOU ON THE DAY OF YOUR VISIT.
Childrens Museum – purchase a timed, advance reservation and select “Half-Price Library timed ticket” and bring the date-specific library discount coupon.
Davis Farmland – accepting library passes in conjunction with a timed, advance purchase ticket reservation.
Discovery Museum – Free admission through 8/31. Advanced timed tickets required. In order to apply a library pass to the cost of admission, library patrons will need to call the Museum in advance at 978-264-4200 to reserve a time slot and apply the discount to their ticket purchase. Visit https://www.discoveryacton.org/plan-your-visit for details.
Garden in the Woods – accepting library passes in conjunction with a timed, advance purchase ticket reservation.
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum – accepting library passes in conjunction with a timed, advance purchase ticket reservation. Patrons must redeem printed museum pass (from ISG) and reserve time online at least 48 hours prior to visiting. To redeem online, go to http://gardnermuseum.org/visit; click “buy now”, select the date printed on your pass and a time slot. Enter promo code: MPP27344
Mass Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) – passes accepted, no advance reservations. Review individual parks for parking restrictions and capacities.
Mass State Police Museum – reserve pass online, no appointment necessary.|
Museum of Fine Arts – Purchase tickets online in advance from the MFA with a Grafton Library-specific promo code (call 508-839-4649 between 10-4 Mon-Sat to get the code).
New England Aquarium – accepting library passes in conjunction with a timed, advance purchase ticket reservation.
Southwick Zoo – accepting library passes in conjunction with a “Previously Purchased Ticket” reservation.
Old Sturbridge Village – Library passholders must email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-733-1830 in advance to reserve your entry with a Visitor Center staff member.
Tower Hill Botanic Garden – Library passes are for 2 admissions @ $7.00 per person. Patrons must reserve tickets online with Tower Hill in advance using the code LIBDISC. Present the physical pass along with their booked ticket upon entrance.
Trustees of Reservations – varies by location. A timed-entry advance tickets and parking passes required.
USS Constitution Museum – accepting library passes in conjunction with a timed, advance purchase ticket reservation. Enter the promo code usscmlibrary when booking to receive free admission.
Worcester Art Museum – Patrons must purchase advance tickets online, entering the library pass code LIBPASS to get the discount.
NO LIBRARY PASSES ACCEPTED
CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
Library pass must also be presented upon admission.
A valid Library card is required to make a pass reservation. As you view each pass, you will see details on that pass, including the cost of admission, the museum’s hours and phone number. Clicking on the name of the museum brings you to the museum’s website for even more information.
Museum passes for free or discount admission are made available for loan to adults through the Friends of the Grafton Public Library, the Library Board of Trustees, individual donors, and the Town of Grafton. Grafton residents, property owners, and employees may borrow Library museum passes and make online reservations in advance. Residents of other MA towns may borrow available library passes day of visit only; advance reservations are not extended to non-residents.
If your plans change and you are unable to keep your reservation, please call the Library at 508-839-4649 x1101 to cancel, so we can make the pass available to someone else.
The staff of the Grafton Library and the Friends of the Grafton Libraries hope you enjoy your visits to these museums. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please speak to a Library staff member.
- A valid Library Card in good standing (up-to-date, non-expired card with no overdue or lost items and less than $10 in fines) is required to check out passes.
- Grafton residents, Grafton property owners and Town of Grafton Employees age 18 years or older may use the Museum Passes available at the Grafton Public Library.
- A valid email address is required for online reservations.
- Passes are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Reservations may be made up to two months in advance.
- Passes are limited to one pass per individual or family per day. When school is not in session (February break, April break, summer break June-August, and December break), passes are limited to one pass per individual/family per week.
- If for some reason the pass reserved in your name will not be used, please cancel your reservation by calling 508-839-4649 x1101 as soon as possible.
- Passes may be picked up the afternoon or evening prior to the use date, or day of the renovation when the Library opens at 10:00 a.m. Holiday closures may affect Library hours and pick up opportunities.
- Same day passes are not available on Sundays or holidays, as the Library will be closed.
- Circulating passes must be returned to the Main Library. They may be returned in the Book Drop at the Main or Parking lot entrances, in the envelopes provided, before 10:00 a.m. on the date due.
- Paper passes are collected by the Museum and do not need to be returned.
- There is a $5 per day overdue fine for passes returned late.
- The replacement cost for a lost pass is the responsibility of the individual who borrowed the pass. The replacement cost is set by the museums.
- Some of the passes are coupons which are turned in to the museum. Some of the passes are circulating passes and must be returned. Some of the passes are date specific and some are day specific. There is only one pass per museum available per day.
- The number of people covered by the pass differs from one museum to another; some are discount passes; some are free admission. The cost per person with the passes is different for each museum. Please read the fine print on the website/pass.
- It is recommended that you verify that the museum is open before you travel. While the Library is considered a member of each museum and strives to keep up with closed and unavailable dates, sometimes we don’t receive notice that a museum will be closed for a staff event, fundraiser, or renovation.
- The number of people covered by the pass differs from one museum to another.
- Most of the Grafton Library museum passes are discount passes; some are free admission. The cost per person with the passes is different for each museum.
- The staff of the Grafton Library and the Friends of the Grafton Libraries hope you enjoy your visits to these museums. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please speak to a Library staff member.