September is Library Card Sign Up Month!
September is Library Card Sign-up Month, when libraries nationwide join the American Library Association (ALA) to remind parents, caregivers, and students that signing up for a library card is the first step on the path to academic achievement and lifelong learning.
Libraries play a crucial role in the education and development of children, offering a variety of programs to spark creativity and stimulate an interest in reading and learning. Through access to technology, media resources and educational programs, a library card gives students the tools to succeed in the classroom and provides people of all ages opportunities to pursue their dreams, explore new passions and interests, and find their voice.
Did you know:
- Library cards are FREE to Grafton residents, students and property owners, and to any MA resident.
- Did you lose your card? September is the BEST time to replace the card, because the replacement cost is WAIVED every September.
- It takes only minute to set up a library card.
- Anyone can get a library card-even babies!
- The Grafton Public Library continues to be FINE FREE.
- Every two years, your card must be updated so we can confirm we have current contact information for you. September is a great time to update your card!