Visit the Grafton Library during February Vacation week for one or more of our programs! Also check our Event Calendar for further details.
• Family Movie Night: Frozen –Tuesday, February 16 at 6:30 pm Rated PG The Children’s Room will be closed to regular circulation from 6-9 pm in order to provide this program.
• LEGO Fun – Wednesday, February 17 Drop in anytime between 10 am-2 pm for LEGO building fun!
• Tween Crafternoon: Sharpie Mugs – Wednesday, February 17 at 3 pm Turn an ordinary mug into a one-of-a-kind. Make sure to sign up so there’s a mug for you! For tweens, ages 8-12 years old. Registration is required – RSVP to 508-839-4649 xt 1103
• Build a Truck Hands-on Fun – Thursday, February 18 at 11 am Time to get hands on and build together! Build your own wooden firetruck or EMS truck using one of the kits donated by Lowes and Home Depot. For kids ages 5-8 and their accompanying adult. Please register by calling the Library 508-839-4649 xt 1103
• Frozen Fever Day – Friday, February 19
Olaf Craft and Frozen Fever “short film” 11-12 or 3-4 pm Make an adorable Olaf craft (please bring a pair of white socks), listen to the Frozen soundtrack and watch the Frozen Fever short film.
Visit with Queen Elsa, 1-2 pm Meet Queen Elsa and join her for stories, a sing along and of course an autograph! Registration is required, please call 508-839-4649 xt 1103
• Saturday Storytime – Saturday, February 20 at 10 am Drop-in for an all-ages seasonal storytime with music, bubbles and fun!
• Teen Program: Popcorn Taste Test – Thursday, February 18 at 2 pm If you love popcorn, this is the taste test for you. Sample a variety of different popcorns and determine your favorite! This free program is for teens in grades 6-12. Sign up by emailing email@example.com
• Teen Program: Dungeons & Dragons – Friday, February 20 at 5 pm Join us for another night of D&D. Pizza and snacks will be served. This free program is for teens in grades 6-12.
“Once Upon a Story” is a program for children ages 3 and up. Join us for stories and fun activities, and see a highlighted feature of the Willard House & Clock Museum! Siblings welcome!
February 3, 2016 @ 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Location: Willard House & Clock Museum, 11 Willard Street, North Grafton
* Registration is required – please call Willard House to sign up 508-839-3500
The Grafton Public Library has partnered with the Boston Bruins and Cradles to Crayons to provide new pajamas for local children in need across the Commonwealth. We are pleased to announce we have collected 32 pairs of pajamas!! Thank you for your generous donations!!
Cradles to Crayons provides children from birth through age 12, living in homeless or low-income situations, with the essential items they need to thrive—at home, at school and at play. Donations are processed and packaged by volunteers, and distributed to disadvantaged children across the state through a collaborative network of social service agencies and school partners.
The Library is in the position of being able to apply for the MA Board of Library Commissioner’s MA Public Library Construction Program (MPLCP) grant. This award covers up to 50% of construction costs. With the application due in January 2017, now is the time to hire an OPM, draft a building program and needs assessment, and go out to bid for an architect for the planning and design process.
To prepare for the grant application, the Library is hosting a number of focus groups to seek input on the needs of the community in regards to an expanded Library facility. These meetings are open to the public, and we really want your feedback on what elements an expanded library should include. Need some ideas? Check out photos of well-designed libraries and previously funded projects at https://www.pinterest.com/mblclibraries/massachusetts-library-construction/.
A one-hour Focus Group Session will be offered on Saturday February 13 at 10:00 am. Refreshments will be provided. You can also take the Library Satisfaction Survey online at http://mblc.countingopinions.com/s/10259
Thank you for sharing your input!
The presentation focuses on the basics of planning for and owning a tiny house on wheels; both its challenges and advantages, offering insights unique from the currently popular tiny house themed TV shows. From approximately “how much” to “where to live”, it addresses options for their general design, and heat, hot water and electricity choices, among other components. Living in a tiny house year-round is a topic of rapidly developing debate. Learn why something so “cute” and compact could cause so much discussion!
Speaker, Isa Bauer is the Project Manager and lead designer from Tiny House Northeast, a New England and upper NY State tiny house design-build business. Isa earned a M.A. in Regional Economic and Social Development with a concentration in Sustainable Development, including green building materials and construction methods research. Isa has owned a tiny house since she was 19-years old, as do several of the Tiny House Northeast team.
Please register for this program; call 508-839-4649 x1102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of a nationwide program “Take Your Child to the Library Day”, Animal Adventures is coming to the Grafton Public Library on Saturday, February 6 for two shows at 1 pm and again at 2:30 pm. Eight to ten exotic animals will be presented in a one-hour session. Meet the animals, hear interesting stories and information about them and get close. Controlled petting and touching is allowed at the discretion of the Animal Adventures Guide. This program is for all ages and registration is required. Please call the Library 508-839-4649 xt 1103 with questions and to register. Animal Adventures is brought to you by the Friends of the Grafton Library and also with federal funds provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services and administered by the Board of Library Commissioners.
Join the Friends of the Grafton Public Library at the Grafton Inn on Saturday February 6 from 6:30-9pm to paint a Gerber Daisy painting! Just think, in about 2 1/2 hours of step-by-step professional instruction from Brush It Off Paint & Sip Bar, you’ll go home with your very own rendition of this painting. Personalize it by choosing your own colors!
Tickets, available online ONLY, are $40 each, and a portion of your ticket price will be donated back to the Friends to benefit the Grafton Public Library. The more tickets we sell, the bigger the chunk we get from each ticket; if the Friends sell 60 or more tickets, they will get $20, or half the proceeds, from each ticket sold.
Your ticket will include paint and materials, along with professional instruction in painting your own painting. Feel free to have a little more fun and order some drinks at the bar 😉
ADVANCED PURCHASE OF TICKETS IS REQUIRED as they need to prepare enough materials ahead of time. More details are on the Friends Facebook Event Page.
Join us for Family Movie Night! We will be watching Hotel Transylvania 2 (PG). The Children’s Room will be closed from 6-9 pm for this program.
Dracula and his friends try to bring out the monster in his half human, half vampire grandson in order to keep Mavis from leaving the hotel.
Calling all master builders ages 8-12! We will provide one model to replicate, one activity, and free build time. Please register 508-839-4649.
Preschool Storytime is a 45 minute program for children ages 3-5. Join us as we share stories, songs, and art exploration activities.
Registration required – please call 508-839-4649.