2017 Holiday Raffle
- Contest to run 11/28/17-12/16/17 4:00 PM
- Winners for each basket will be drawn after 4:00 PM
- Winners will be notified by phone number provided within 1-2 days afterward.
- Winners can then pick up their basket(s) at the GPL once notified (based on library operating hours)
- There are 24 baskets: 16 on main floor and 8 in children’s room
- Tickets are $1 each (or 6 for $5)
- Tickets can be purchased at the Circulation Desk on Main Floor of the GPL
- Tickets may be paid for by cash or check at time of purchase
- Each ticket has two parts. On the back of one is lines for your personal information. When you receive your raffle ticket(s), be sure to fill out your name and phone number on the back of the applicable part of the ticket. Put this part into the can for the basket you are interested in. Retain the other part. We ask that all winners bring in the winning ticket(s) when they arrive for their basket(s). If you do not have your ticket, we may have to ask for other identification.
- There are no restrictions on the number of tickets a person may purchase
- The only people that cannot participate are Aaron Swartz and immediate family members
- Cans will be fully shaken before each individual basket drawing so it will not matter when you add your ticket
- Items may be added by Aaron Swartz to the baskets after 11/28/17 but before 12/16/17 4:00 PM. IE, the baskets may only get better. In addition a better quality copy of a book may replace the same book already in the basket(s) during this time.
- Last but very important: ALL ITEMS HAVE BEEN DONATED. MOST HAVE BEEN USED AND THEREFORE REFLECT SUCH USE.
Join us Saturday, December 16 as we make two geeky ornaments in time for the holidays: a mini arcade machine and a Mario Question Box (with a little surprise inside!).
Please REGISTER for this program. Registration opens Saturday, December 2 at 10 am.
Tween build (grades 3-5) is at 1:00 pm
Teen build (grades 6-12) is at 2:00 pm
Adult build is at 3:00 pm
- Please register one participant at a time. You must register every person participating. Unregistered people will not be able to participate.
- Please adhere to age recommendations when registering. If your child is not an appropriate age, they will be removed from the program.
- Due to the complicated instructions required for this program, if an attendee is more than 5 minutes late, they will not be able to participate.
Welcome to Grafton Ukulele Musicians (GUM), a partnership between Apple Tree Arts and Grafton Public Library. We meet the second Thursday of every month and our next meeting is January 11, 2018 from 6:30-8:00 pm. All levels are welcome and there is no fee. GUM. meets on the third floor of Apple Tree Arts, One Grafton Common.
Bring your ukulele and your singing voice to participate in this jam session lead by Miss Jan Barlow from Apple Tree Arts. Participants suggest the music and also continue to practice songs learned in previous sessions . We are using the Daily Ukulele — Grafton Library has copies to check out and brings some extras to the group.
Don’t have a ukulele? You can borrow a ukulele, as well!
Brush up on your strumming skills or learn new chords with the Ukulele Course online at ArtistWorks, for free! A library card is required to access.
Here are some of the songs GUM worked on last month and will do again:
Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)
I Walk the Line (Johnny Cash)
I’ve Just Seen a Face (Beatles)
King of the Road (Roger Miller)
This Land is Your Land (Woody Guthrie)
We Shall Overcome (Ziphilia Horton)
If you have any questions feel free to email facilitator Jan Barlow.
Access Tutor.com/grafton for FREE daily from 3-9pm!
Hear ye! Hear ye! Because we hear our students, Tutor.com is adding audio! It is no secret that some learn by doing, some learn by reading, some learn by watching and some learn by listening. Tutor.com’s goal is to provide instructional services and support in a personalized manner that best fit the needs of each individual learner. To better help us achieve this goal, we are excited to announce that an audio option to connect will be available for every Tutor.com session for all grade levels and subjects beginning on Monday, November 20, 2017. Offering an audio option allows us to
- improve the experience for those with visual impairments,
- meet the needs of auditory learners,
- more effectively assist younger students or non-typers,
- and use classroom time more efficiently.
Watch a short demonstration video about how to connect with audio.
Download an information sheet about this and other new features recently released.
Access Tutor.com/grafton for FREE daily from 3-9pm!
Join us Saturday, November 18 at 11:00 am for a special program involving art & science elements. Kids ages 8-12 can join us for a seasonal activity that is hands-on fun.
Please REGISTER online or call 508-839-4649.
Saturday. December 2 1-3pm
Get into the holiday spirit and relax a little. You’ll have the afternoon to color an assortment of Christmas cards, postcards, gift tags and ornaments.
This free program is for teens in grades 6-12. All supplies will be provided. RSVP required!
Saturday, November 4 1:00-3:00 pm
Come and play Super Smash Bros on our WiiU. We’ll also have our new Nintendo Switch out for you to try. Feel free to bring your own nerdy items (like Magic The Gathering cards) or play one of our dozens of board games.
This free program is for teens in grades 6-12. Sign up is not required.
Join us for an all-ages Halloween storytime. It will be a ghastly good time! Costumes are encouraged!
Tuesday, October 31 10:15-10:45 am. Drop-in, registration is not required.
What can you build with bricks and bricks and more bricks? For kids ages 6-12.
Thursday, December 7 3:30-5:00 pm. RSVP required; registration opens Wed Nov 22.
Please note: the Main entrance (front door) of the Library may be unavailable periodically this week (October 23-28) as work is done to restore the columns.
Sorry for any inconvenience (and dust)!