The Children’s Room strives to be a fun place for children and families to learn and read together. We offer a wide variety of materials for learning and fun, including materials like books, media and games; toys like blocks, puzzles, puppets, and a play kitchen; and technology like computers.
For the safety of our youngest patrons, Library visitors must comply with the Library’s Unattended Child Policy:
- 0-7 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times;
- 8-12 must be accompanied by parent/guardian remaining in the Library;
- 13+ may be unaccompanied provided child is able to use Library independently and follow the Library’s Code of Conduct.
- Children under age 13 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian over the age of 14
While visiting the Library, please respect yourself, respect each other, and respect the space.
Please note that due to our limited space, the Children’s Room will be CLOSED when programs are taking place. In winter months, if school is canceled, Library programs are cancelled. Please be mindful when registering for programs. If you cannot attend, please alert staff so we can give your spot to someone on the waiting list.
All library policies are online at https://graftonlibrary.org/home/policies.
We also offer programs and special events for kids up to and including age 12, such as:
- Friday Fun with Mr. Kim — music and movement with Mr. Kim from Appletree Arts — on the second Friday of each month, for children ages 2-5. This program runs October through May. Registration opens one week prior to the program (first Friday of the month) and anyone on the wait list will automatically be placed in the next months’ session.
- Special events and hosted performers
- Seasonal Drop-in Crafts
A parenting section full of helpful information can be found in the Adult non-fiction stacks.