Library to Relocate to Temporary Quarters Beginning April 24
The Grafton Public Library will close temporarily to the public Wednesday April 24 and reopen Monday May 13 at its interim location at 53 North Main Street, North Grafton MA, formerly St. Andrews Church.
We are so excited to be moving forward in the construction process! So many people have volunteered their time to help, but the grant application provided for budgeting professional moving services. W.B. Meyers procured the winning bid for the moving process.
- No Library materials will be due during this time period (although materials may be returned to any C/W MARS Library).
- The book drop will be LOCKED April 23. Please hold any materials at home or return to another C/W MARS location. Borrowers are responsible for items left outside of the Library.
- Borrowers may select another C/W MARS Library for hold pick up in the interim.
- Grafton cards are good at all C/W MARS libraries.
- Last day for holds pickup is April 17.
- Last day for museum pass pickup is April 20 – only the Boston Children’s museum pass will be available (because it can be sent by email) during the move.
- The digital collection remains available at www.graftonlibrary.org/digital to meet leisure reading, research and homework needs.
- The Library will continue to operate Monday-Thursday 10am-9pm and Friday and Saturday 10am-5pm in temporary quarters through the duration of the construction period, estimated to last 16-18 months.
- Scheduled library programs will take place off site during the move.
- Storytime will be held at Apple Tree Arts, One Grafton Common for registered participants during the month of May.
- A second temporary closure of 2-4 weeks will take place in 2020 to move back to the renovated space.
Please check the Library Event Calendar at www.graftonlibrary.org/events for a complete list of programs and locations.