The Grafton Public Library will close at 5:00 pm on Wednesday July 3 and will be closed all day on Thursday July 4th in observation of the Independence Day holiday. No items are due on July 4th. The Library will reopen at 10:00 am on Friday, July 5th.
Museum passes for Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday may be picked up in advance on Tuesday (10am-9pm) or Wednesday (10am-5pm).
Please visit our digital branch online to read a newspaper, check out an eBook, learn a new language, and more!
Help support the Friends of the Grafton Public Library!
Shop in person at Barnes & Noble at The Shoppes at Blackstone Valley on Saturday, June 22nd. Present this voucher prior to making your purchase:
A portion of the day’s purchases will benefit the Friends of the Grafton Public Library – stop by and stock up on summer reading for school, beach reading for pleasure, or space-themed books for our 2019 Universe of Stories summer library program! There is a storytime with craft at 11:00 am: Storytime and Activities Featuring Toy Story 4: Forky in Craft Buddy Day.
Can’t make it on Saturday? The fundraiser continues online for 4 days from June 23 to 26 at https://www.barnesandnoble.com/
Please visit our Summer Reading Program page for the program details for A Universe of Stories, an all-ages summer library program!
Full Calendar of Events
Reset your GPS to 53 North Main Street, North Grafton MA 01536 where we have reopened as of Wednesday May 15! Thanks for your patience as we continue to make the space comfortable and usable for all.
Hours remain Mon-Thu 10am-9pm and Fri/Sat 10am-5pm.
Please note parking is limited — please do not take up more than 1 lined space, and please do not park at local businesses Trek Stop and Truth Spa unless you are patronizing those amazing businesses!
Holds are now available and are SELF-SERVICE! Please see a staff member if you would like to create an alias for your library account so Holds are not shelved under your legal name.
Self Check is coming soon!
We look forward to seeing you at 53 North Main St!
Join us for fun and friendly discussion on Monday, April 8 6:00-6:30 pm
for the BookWorms Book Club grades 1 & 2.
Please note the correction to the titles we will be reading this month.
Copies are available to check out from the library.
If you are a ticketholder, please write your name and phone number on the back of your ticket – it becomes your raffle entry for a door prize!
No tickets will be sold the day of the event.
Event Description: Collect candy-filled eggs on the Grafton Common while hunting for the elusive Golden Egg, get your picture taken with the Easter Bunny, and then join us at the Library for spring stories & a craft. this event is hosted by the Friends of the Grafton Public Library and sponsored in part by Stop & Shop, Wegmans, Roche Brothers and Gorettis. Proceeds benefit the Grafton Public Library.
All are welcome to join us at the Library for a special spring-themed storytime and some simple coloring crafts.
Storytimes will be in the Children’s Room and scheduled as follows:
- 10:15-10:35 am
- 10:40-11:00 am
- 11:05-11:25 am
- 11:30-11:50 am
- 11:55am-12:15 pm
The Children’s Room will be CLOSED to the public from 12:30-1:00 pm for clean up. A selection of children’s materials can be found in the Main Reading Room.
The Grafton Public Library will close temporarily to the public Wednesday April 24 and reopen Monday May 13 at its interim location at 53 North Main Street, North Grafton MA, formerly St. Andrews Church.
We are so excited to be moving forward in the construction process! So many people have volunteered their time to help, but the grant application provided for budgeting professional moving services. W.B. Meyers procured the winning bid for the moving process.
- No Library materials will be due during this time period (although materials may be returned to any C/W MARS Library).
- The book drop will be LOCKED April 23. Please hold any materials at home or return to another C/W MARS location. Borrowers are responsible for items left outside of the Library.
- Borrowers may select another C/W MARS Library for hold pick up in the interim.
- Grafton cards are good at all C/W MARS libraries.
- Last day for holds pickup is April 17.
- Last day for museum pass pickup is April 20 – only the Boston Children’s museum pass will be available (because it can be sent by email) during the move.
- The digital collection remains available at www.graftonlibrary.org/digital to meet leisure reading, research and homework needs.
- The Library will continue to operate Monday-Thursday 10am-9pm and Friday and Saturday 10am-5pm in temporary quarters through the duration of the construction period, estimated to last 16-18 months.
- Scheduled library programs will take place off site during the move.
- Storytime will be held at Apple Tree Arts, One Grafton Common for registered participants during the month of May.
- A second temporary closure of 2-4 weeks will take place in 2020 to move back to the renovated space.
Please check the Library Event Calendar at www.graftonlibrary.org/events for a complete list of programs and locations.
The Library will be closed the morning of Friday, March 15 for Staff Professional Development. The Library will open at 1:00 pm. Thank you for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience.